Changes Coming for Those Who Receive Federal Benefits

February 27, 2013

Changes are about to take place very soon for those who receive benefits from the federal government.

Walt Henderson is with the Department of the Treasury and explains the upcoming changes.

“Anyone that currently receives a paper check for payments such as Social Security or Veteran’s Benefits, they have until March 1st to make that change”, said Henderson.

As Henderson said, the changes go into effect on March 1st.

It is simple to make the transition.

To make the switch you can call 1-800-333-1795, visit, or talk to your local federal paying agency office.

According to the Treasury Department, there are just shy of 130,000 people who receive federal benefits, receive them in paper check form.