Do you need the hunter education course before dove season gets into full swing after this weekend arrives?
The Georgia Department of Natural Resourcesâ€™ Wildlife Resources Division offers three ways to make that happen:Â the 10-hour traditional classroom course or an 8-hour online course followed by a 2-hour review.
The classroom course is free of charge.
The three available online courses each require a fee (ranging from $9.95 – $24.95) but all are â€śpass or donâ€™t payâ€ť courses.
Completion of a hunter education course is required for any person born on or after January 1, 1961, who:
- purchases a season hunting license in Georgia.
- is at least 12 years old and hunts without adult supervision.
- hunts big game (deer, turkey, bear) on a wildlife management area.
The only exceptions include any person who:
- purchases a short-term hunting license, such as the Apprentice License or the 3-day Hunting and Fishing Combo License.
- is hunting on his or her own land, or that of his or her parents or legal guardians.
For more information, go to www.gohuntgeorgia.com/hunting/education.